Getting Here - Car Parking
Getting to the East Anglian Railway Museum.
Set your Sat Nav to CO6 2DS.
- We are located in the villages of Chappel and Wakes Colne, around 8 miles outside Colchester on the A1124, you can follow the brown Tourst Attraction signs for Railway Museum.
- From the A12, use Junction 24 and follow the A1124 towards Halstead, We’re in Station Road, which can be found at the Crossroads near to the
large Chappel Viaduct.
- There is free parking at the front of the Museum for customers that visit the Museum, please be aware the large front field car park is open during Museum open hours only.
- As a Charity our volunteers spend alot of time maintaining the site imcluding the car park and we pay to have the toilets cleaned. If you are parking in our car park when the Museum is open AND ARE NOT VISITING THE MUSEUM we would appreciate a donation to the Museum either in person at our visitor reception centre (where the toilets are) or via paypal link below
- We are located within the National Rail Station of Chappel and Wakes Colne, direct trains from Sudbury and Marks Tey, with connections at Marks Tey from London, Chelmsford, Colchester, Clacton and Ipswich.
- National Rail services are provided by Greater Anglia and are not part of Museum admission, please be aware this service operates seven days per week, and care should therefore be taken when on Platform 1.
- If you arrive by train, present your ticket in the reception for a discount. Sorry this discount is not available in conjuction with any other offer and is only valid on Standard Museum, Event and Specal Event Days and must be redeemed in the Visitor Reception Centre.
- We are located just off Route 88 operated by First Essex Bus and Hedingham. This operates between Colchester Town Centre, Eight Ash Green, Wakes Colne, Earls Colne and Halstead.
- Buses stop by the Chappel Viaduct, which is a 10 minute walk up Station Road to the Museum.
- For more details please search for First Essex or Hedingham Buses.